Why not try this warming snack on a cold, long winter night!
- Tablespoon of butter/margarine
- 2 pinches of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
You will need to grill the bread rather than using a toaster
- Toast one side of your bread under a medium grill
- Spread cinnamon butter on the untoasted side and toast this side too
- Allow to cool a little as the sugar can get very hot
Variations – add a little natural yoghurt or cottage cheese if you want something more filling.
Nutrition fact: Shop bought bread is often high in salt so try to avoid increasing your salt intake by picking a butter or margarine without salt.